Monday, February 19, 2018

Dog Stocks Shopping List


We are now entering an era of high growth, higher inflation, higher yields and higher interest rates.

As a retiree it is that higher and growing yield that I am always after. I loved this correction as it allowed me to purchase some beaten down bond proxy/dividend yielding growth stocks.

Lots of dividend paying growth stocks are yielding higher payouts and will be used to fund my retirement in the coming years. This has been a once in a decade stock market correction that you can buy on the dip.


 Look at a company like CU.TO it has paid a dividend for the last 40 years. I bought more Friday and now own 200 shares.

Utilities, REITs, Telcos and Energy Infrastructure plays have all been on sale for the past week. I also added to my six big bank holdings. I use this list from the;


Dogs of the TSE


ENB, EMA, PWF/POW, BCE, CM, T, SJR.B, TRP, BNS, NA 

Average Yield = 4.43%

Dogs of the Dow


VZ, IBM, PFE, XOM, CVX, MRK, KO, CSCO, PG, JNJ

Average Yield = 3.43%

No comments:

Post a Comment