Saturday, June 9, 2018

My Watchlist of Gambling Stocks

As promised in my last post I will show you a list of stocks I'm considering buying for future purchase. If the stock retreats for a few days in a row, I will have no further interest.

My current gambling portfolio has 4 positions. I like to hold 5 at all times to spread out my risk. Current sectors of interest and value seem to be in the weed, lithium, uranium, gold and silver sector.

There are others that have been beaten down but you have to judge on your own where the trends are. Just because a stock has shot up, doesn't mean you should step in and buy.

I have never had any success buying a Canadian healthcare stock. They are all beaten down but I rarely buy anymore.

I have also sold stocks after a loss and then they started to move higher. Two stocks that come to mind are BDI and NAL. You would never hear of them being recommended taht's why you have your own list and lsten t what the market is giving you. I have to work on my patience because both these stocks are up 33 and 21% respectively since I sold them.

I love that oil services sector because you aren't exposed to the commodity risk from oil itself. I was in the right space, just sold too early.


Stocks I'm Watching


Katanga Mining (KAT) 
Current Price $1.02, 52 week high $2.83, volume 917K. Stock is liquid, in the copper sector and has moved up from .93 cents since I put it on my watchlist.

Nemaska Lithium (NMX)
Current Price $0.98, 52 week high $2.44, volume 3.1mil. Stock trades a lot, in the hot lithium space and well below it's 52 week high.

Bellatrix Exploration (BXE)
Current Price $1.35, 52 week high $4.35,volume 434K. Oil and Gas sector and beaten down. This was a $50 stock 5 years ago.

Aurora Cannabis (ACB)
Current Price $9.64, 52 week high $15.20, volume 23mil. In the hot Cannabis sector and down significantly. Trading above my 50% threshold but just watching it closely. It can still represent good value at this level and may not drop further. It has been steadily rising for weeks, I regret not buying earlier.

This list changes daily for me. Many opportunities are missed due to lack of funds and having bought my allotment of 5 stocks. never be afraid to add stocks and delete them if they don't move up. This is also great practice and gauge your stomach for spending money on gambling.

This is no different than buying lottery tickets and you can lose everything. You can eliminate that risk by selling once your stock goes down 10%. Never more than 15%. Protect what's left of your capital at all costs and buy something else. Try not to sell too soon.


Notable Mentions


Aphria (APH)
The Supreme Cannabis Company (FIRE)
Pengrowth Energy (PGF)


If this is not for you and you want a Worry Free life then you have other options. Happy Trading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment