Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Trade Wars and Investing


What are you doing different since the war on Canada started? Buy a new Harley? Might help but us little people here in the steerage section of the investing world just need to ride it out and try not to panic. 

Ten years can you do that? How about constantly stressing over your holdings. We're human of course we do that. Selling anything now would be hazardous to your health. I'm not even buying and selling much with my gambling portfolio. Let's see what's happening there.

Only 1/3 stocks in the green with a total loss right now of 0.33%. Still holding APH, THO and GSV. Would I buy them again today. YES!


Watchlist

4/7 stocks in the green, which are, ALO, PONY, ACB and MUX
Stocks in the red are, LAM, HIKU and KAT.

On the 22nd of June which was only 7 trading days ago if you bought ALO you would be up 4.3% and if you further bought PONY you'd be up 6.5%. Pretty good return for just 7 days.

Oil is on the move. I have no idea why and don't care. If you just watch the market and where the money is moving based on price action and volume you will ignore all the news of the day. When you gamble you just watch the cards on the table. Watch gold stocks they're starting to move and some short term gains can be harvested here.

Total performance is up 2% or $430.00   

New Additions

OSK, TGX and CDV
I used to have OSK and TGX on the list but now I'm getting whipsawed by the market action here. They are back on and we'll see how they do. All 3 are way off their 52 week highs and starting to move on greater than average volume. It could be a hot summer.

I only watch and buy TSX stocks and tend to stay away from penny dreadfuls and any stock traded on the Venture exchange.

I have just returned from an 8 day concert in Timmins, ON. Some of the acts included, Trooper, Burton Cummings, The Beach Boys, Arkells, Alan Doyle and Bryan Adams who closed the show.

I'll try and keep my comings and goings on the markets updated but my trades will be few and far between. We'll see what opportunities present themselves but I have a lot of work and projects to do around the house so I expect to be quiet.

How are you riding out these trade war fears?

No comments:

Post a Comment