Saturday, July 20, 2019

My Trading Week


On the 15 of July I decided to try and speculate in the stock market. I used $26K and bought into 6 positions. I sold one of the positions at a 5% loss and rolled the money into a different stock.

I am trading here to generate some capital gains. The PF gained 2.1% on the week.

Here is the breakdown which includes trading fees.


Stocks Held

Alcanna CLIQ - 650 shares @ $6.15, closed ($ 5.97) ($126.99)

Avino Silver and Gold Mines ASM 5000 shares @ 0.83, closed 0.91 up $340

Baytex Energy BTE 2100 shares @ $1.91, closed ($1.88), ($73)

Crescent Point CPG 1000 shares @ $4.04, closed $4.07 up $20

Energy Fuels EFR 1600 shares @ $2.57, closed up $2.58 up $6

Guyana Goldfields GUY 4000 shares @ $1.26, closed $1.36 up $390


Total Gains

As you can see 4/6 were green and I'm up $556 on the trading week.

I sold Peyto Exploration and bought CPG. I lost $226 on that trade. It lost 5% in only a couple days. I decided to sell nat gas and buy a more oily stock moving up.

I'm only just getting started here but I still believe the positions established have a ways to go. I'll have to be a bit more patient.

Posts I wrote this week


Flipping Stocks for Capital Gains


Why I Just Bought Baytex Energy


New Buy - Avino Silver and Gold Mines


I NEVER USE MY RETIREMENT MONEY TO TRADE IN AND OUT OF STOCKS!

Looking for Saving Ideas so You Can Invest? 


If you are looking at ways to save money this new book The Cashflow Cookbook can help you find some savings to then use to invest.

If you are having trouble getting your financial house in order and organized then you need to read Worry Free Money. 

If you are further looking for portfolio ideas then you might find my review of The 6-Pack Portfolio a way for you to get started on your investing journey. All of our retirement money is invested in this manner. We just hold more than 6 positions.

If you want to read more about the theory and methodology of some of Canada's professional investment/portfolio managers then you need to pick up a copy of the book 'Market Masters'. Robin Speziale conducts interviews based on a set of pre-arranged questions. This will give you a real insight into how others invest money and how they think. A must read!

Looking at Income Investing?
All retirees should be income investors. My opinion.
Please pick up a copy of Henry Mah's new book 'Your Ever Growing Income'

What stocks did you buy or sell this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment