Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Buying and Selling Stocks on a Weird Wednesday

My patience got the best of me again and I ended up selling my whole position in Painted Pony and buying Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV.TO).


BOUGHT PONY @ $2.78 SOLD @ $2.80 PROFIT=$30



BOUGHT 1000 shares AAV.TO @ $4.59


What makes it a weird Wednesday? The major markets barely move while in Canada we have a good day for gold and oil because that's what the TSX is mainly made up of. Yet the stocks are NOT doing much of anything. What further makes it weird for me is that I couldn't stick to my one stock policy and hold PONY until Friday.

This is definitely the summer doldrums in full swing. Why did I dump PONY for AAV? PONY popped up into green territory on my short term trade so I decided to lock in the 30 bucks.

AAV seemed like another candidate to move up with a $9.03 52 week high. The stock closed at $4.62 today. That means I was able to make another $30 in the last half hour of trading. I am going to attempt to hold AAV until the end of trading on 3 August. No promises though.

You have to watch the volume and your upside potential to make money on these trades. I don't sit in front of my computer all day. Basically just the first hour and the last hour. I don't own any special equipment but a laptop X 1.

Gold Watchlist

Up 3.7% on the day = $950

Total Change in percentage terms

AKG 4.1
NVO 9.6
GSV 11.5
MUX 12.4
OSK 2.2
PVG 2.6

Looking back on my previous buy of ELD which is down and lagging since I bought and sold it, most of the stocks I was watching would have been a better buy. I did pick some nice winners here.

Trevali Mining (TV.TO)

Closed today at .82
52 week high/low=$0.73-$1.75

As you can see it has a 100% upside to it's yearly high. These are the stocks I look for and put on watchlists so that you don't have to get burnt by the market.

It has more potential to get back to where it's been than any stock that is making a 52 week high. I have no idea where that stock could go from there. I never ever buy a stock making a new 52 week high. I much prefer to buy beaten down stocks that are picking themselves back up and attempting to get back to where they once were.

How about you? What are you buying and selling if anything?

I will update all stocks and my DG portfolio on Friday after trading. Good Luck and Happy Trading!


No comments:

Post a Comment