Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Never Fall in Love With Stocks

Just a quick post today to update my trading stocks and watchlist. The market looks to open lower Wednesday morning with both gold and oil taking another hit. You can be assured that some stocks will go up and some will go down.

Traders who can get it right will do great in the coming months. Here in Canuckistan interest rate buzz just won't go away as the talk now is that money is going to get a lot more expensive come October. This will mean my secured HELOC (now at zero balance) will rise to 4.25%. OUCH! Stay out of debt is my advice.

PONY closed today at $2.64. I said here that I sold the stock for $2.80 and then plowed the proceeds into AAV.TO Advantage Energy.

I would be down a further $240 instead of up $30 had I held the stock. I'm still down $90 on the AAV trade but it still rose in price today while PONY got crushed. It was a hunch, just an instinct that PONY was not the place to be and too gassy a stock.

I have no idea why AAV went up and PONY down either tht AAV has a lot more oil wells in it's inventory. I don't really care about these types of fundamentals as this is a short term trade until Friday when I sell. In case you missed that post, it's here for you to follow.


Gold Stock Watchlist Update


Yesterday I added YRI and AR to the watchlist. I also dropped AKG from the list after it dropped 11%. In total 8 stocks are up 2.8% and $989.00

AR 3%
YRI 4.8%
TGZ 2.2%
NVO 1.8%
GSV 19.4%
MUX flat
OSK 1.3%
PVG 2.5%


Get set for a down day and keep compiling that buy list to use later. Many stocks are down getting ready to turn higher. August and September can be brutal months to make money in the market.

Good Luck and Happy Trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment