Sunday, July 22, 2018

Stock Trading and Watchlist Update



I trade in and out of speculative positions and hold for the long term lots of Canadian DG Stocks in our retirement accounts.

The core of all of our portfolios are comprised of the 5 banks, ENB, TRP, CNR, CP, BCE, T, Shaw and FTS. Nothing too complicated. With dividend income I hope to build up sizable RRIF accounts when they need to be converted in 9 and 14 years. Until then the money will not be touched or needed.

We also hold MAW104 in my wife's LIRA and XAW and VFV ETFs for some Int'l exposure. Low cost easy to understand what you own companies and fund/ ETFs.

To generate some capital gains I also run a gambling portfolio where I buy a stock on Monday and sell it on Friday. Once again a simple strategy. The stock that was put in play this week was ELD.


BOUGHT 3000 ELD @ $1.43 SOLD @ $1.47 = PROFIT $120.00


This relieves trading stress that might carry over into the weekend and affect your sleep. This is just something that I'm trying and may or may not continue to implement because ELD had a volume breakout to the upside so I locked in those gains. It may continue higher and the first hour of trading on Monday will confirm if my decision to sell was right. I documented it here last week.

There is never a bad time to take a profit no matter how small. Continue to hit singles and the runs will eventually add up.


All Gold Watchlist Update

ALO 1%
AKG .6%
NVO .5%
GSV 9.4%
MUX 10.6%
OSK 4.9%.
PVG .18%

Only up 2% overall but it looks like MUX has broken out already and PVG is experiencing lots of insider selling.

Other Notable Stocks to Watch and Research for Trades

IVN, PONY and TV.


No Further Interest

I've dropped ACB, APH and ALO from my watchlist. These stocks are now SELLS however, they may reverse trend, who really knows. I just try and discern what the market is telling me. Right now I have no interest in buying them.

What to BUY on Monday?


PONY to me looks like the strongest candidate for a weekly trade but again it's very volatile to the price of oil which is hard to predict. I may buy at at the open as long as it continues it's upward trend. I will use the proceeds from my sale of ELD to look to buy 1500 shares.

I also may buy back into ELD if it marches higher. This kind of whip saw action is what all traders will experience from time to time. DO NOT engage in this type of trading activity if you can't afford to lose everything.

I am experiencing pangs of impatience which is normal for me. If I lost $5K tomorrow short term it would not materially impact my life that is why I buy on Monday and sell on Friday and never put at risk more than $5K. It's just what I do and this trading scenario and these watchlists are provided for entertainment purposes only and NOT to be used as investment advice.

What stocks are you buying and watching?

Be careful out there and Happy Trading!


No comments:

Post a Comment