Saturday, May 25, 2019

Jason Del Vicario on Growth Stocks - Part II


Just a short post on what stock picks were mentioned by JDV on Market Call Tonight on May 2, 2019.

My favourite market expert on growth stocks. Others include Barry Schwarz and Jason Donville.


Stocks to Buy

SYZ, GC, STC, PKI, ATD.B, WEED (weak buy), STN,

Don't Buy

Teck Resources, North American Palladium

Watching

Aritzia
Manulife
Cisco

Top Picks

Right Move
Constellation Software
CI Financial

JDV is one of my favourite Market Call guests on Growth Stock investing.Probably one of my worst investing regrets was selling CSU too early. It just recently hit a new 52 week high.

I did just recently buy CIX which I don't normally do when hearing about a stock but I did some research of my own and initiated a small toe tester position.

CIX is an asset management company and it's been on quite the tear since the new year. It yields 3.7%, has a low p/e of 8.7 and a ROE of 36%.

As a retiree trying to build a portfolio of growth and income stocks this company for now ticks a lot of boxes. It remains to be seen whether it can continue to grow or it might be a candidate for a buyout like Gluskin Sheff.

The other stock mentioned on this show and that has great metrics is Parkland Fuel. I don't own it yet but I love the gas station/convenience store business. For those of us that missed Couche-Tard this is a great alternative with a lot of US exposure. It's an easy business to understand if you can resist the temptation to just leave it alone and not sell it.

I have no idea what the portfolio minimum you need to invest with Hollis Wealth and JDV but it might be worth your while if you want to grow your money with a very knowledgeable and likeable investment manager. 

I don't watch BNN Bloomberg every day (life is too short) but I do get alerts and when Jason is on I set a reminder. You would be well served to do the same.

Great show and thanks for the tips JDV!

No comments:

Post a Comment