Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Stock Flip of the Day



Just a short post on a stock flip I made today.

SOLD EFR.TO @ $2.40
BUY TGOD.TO @ $3.01

On July 15 I paid $2.57 for 1600 shares of EFR = Loss of ($272)
Today I bought 1500 shares of TGOD @ a total cost of $4515.

In another account I had bought and sold TGOD. I bought in a lot cheaper than I bought and sold it before but I like it even better here. Here is my previous post published on 22 March.



TGOD - New Stock Purchase


So far my PF has managed to turn green with 5/6 stocks turning positive.

As soon as one of these buys has not been performing as expected I let it go. My timing has been off and it's time to go find out why. This happened with PEY and EFR.

Selling ASM and locking in that gain has proved positive. All the energy plays have turned up.

I now hold BTE, CLIQ, CPG, ERF, LMC and TGOD.

Will update the dollar value at the end of trading Friday which here in Canada is a long weekend so I'm sure it will be a light day.

Watchlist

Stocks I like include; BIR, CFP, CFW and GUY.

These stocks represent tremendous value when compared against their 52 week highs, I get my list of stocks from perusing the 52 week low lists throughout the week. I then compile what I'd like to buy once the stocks start showing a volume breakout to the upside.

Try not to sweat it and keep in mind if you miss a stock, there is always another opportunity. Always keep a list of stocks you'd purchase with new money.

I heard this the other day from Bob Moriarity ( I never buy what he buys)

"an avalanche always starts at the peak and never in a valley"

That's why I don't buy stocks making new highs. It's too hard to track where they're going from the top. Most of the time back down the mountain.

Having said that NOT all stocks wallowing in the valley break to the upside and climb the mountain. It's just easier to see on a chart where they've been before.

All the best and here's to making money speculating in the markets. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment