Thursday, August 15, 2019

Massive Market Drop and Selling TGOD

So we had a 800 point drop on the Dow and a 300 point drop on the TSX.

Both one time multi year events. Is there more to come or a relief rally on the way? I don't listen to experts but when they said this August would be rough they were right.

We had a massive sell off yesterday and the futures are pointing to another down day today.

Risk appetite is leaving or has already left. I decided to sell my 1500 shares in TGOD and lock in a measly $180 gain on my position. Why?

What I consider a poor earnings report showing another loss of $16M and revenue of only $2.5M. It's all about the future with weed stocks and so far all are losing money. If it continues to drop lower I will try and get back in for another swing trade.

All my energy stocks are bleeding red except for ERF Enerplus. I may have waited too long to sell. I really only had one day to execute before oil as a whole started to sell off. Oil is set to open lower again.

What's the old adage; "The cure for low prices is low prices". I really hope that rise happens.

We're still a long way from $28 oil which is the low but the stocks are getting the shit kicked out of them.

I'm looking to buy more GUY today. I like it here and gold wants to go higher.  This stock is lagging the sector, we'll see.

My buy of GPR has NOT paid off as the stock just drifts and there doesn't seem to be any hurry to get in. All the silver stocks are pulling back after a nice run.

If I had more money I would add to my bank stocks in my retirement accounts. You have to love it long term when these stocks sell off so you can add to your monthly income. Add income as these stocks get cheap, will bode well for your retirement.

I'm not selling anything in these accounts. Shaw and CI Financial have been a true disappointment. They are tanking. I have time and as long as they don't cut dividends I'll hold.

Be careful and cut your losses early to conserve capital.

IF YOU DON'T TAKE A PROFIT YOU'LL TAKE A LOSS

No comments:

Post a Comment